South Carolina does have several other important laws, rules, and regulations pertaining to window tinting. They include the following:
- Side Mirrors: Dual side mirrors are required if the back window is tinted.
- Restricted Colors: Tint colors red, amber, and yellow are not permitted by law.
- Certificates: Film manufacturers need to certify the film they sell in South Carolina. Check with your dealer if they are using certified film.
- Stickers: The sticker to identify legal tinting is required between the film & glass on each tinted window.
- Medical Exceptions: South Carolina allows medical exemptions for special tint. For more details about the specific terms of the exemption, consult your state law.
Keep in mind that South Carolina tinting laws and regulations may be interpreted differently in your county or place of residence and we always recommend you double-check our information with your local DMV or law enforcement authorities.